Drug & Criminal Charges

drugsWe routinely handle drug cases in New Jersey municipal courts involving violations of:

N.J.S.A. 2C:35-10(a)1 (Possession of Heroin or Cocaine)
NJSA 2C:5-10(a)(4), (Possession of 50g or less of marijuana or 5g or less of hashish);
NJSA 2C:35-10(b),
(Using or being under the influence of CDS);
NJSA 2C:35-10(c),
(Failure to deliver CDS to police);
NJSA 2C:36-2,
(Possession of Drug Paraphernalia)
NJSA 2C:35-7
(Distribution of Drugs in School Zone)
NJSA 2C:35-13
(Drug Prescription Fraud)
NJSA 2C: 21-1
(Prescription Forgery)
NJSA 2C:20-11
NJSA 2C:20-8
(Theft of services)
NJSA 2:C 35-10A(1) 
(Possession of CDS)
NJSA 2C:14-4
NJSA 2C:33-4 (Harassment)
NJSA 2C:12-1 (Assault)
NJSA 2C:33-15 (Underage Consumption of Alcohol)
NJSA 39:3-40 (Driving with a Suspended License)
NJSA 39:4-49.1 (Possession of Drugs by Driver of Motor Vehicle)

and other municipal court charges, including juvenile charges.

Our office will obtain and examine all discovery in your case (police reports, witness statements, store security or police video footage), examine the evidence’s chain of custody, address the legality of any search or seizure of your vehicle or person, and the admissibility in court of any statements you made to the police or other witnesses. We also demand and examine all lab test reports for drug charge cases.

Often a possession of CDS (Controlled Dangerous Substance) case hinges on the legality of the search of your person or vehicle. We evaluate the facts of every search and seizure case, and if warranted file a Motion to Suppress Evidence with the Court, which if granted means that the drug evidence seized from you cannot be introduced as evidence at trial.

We are also often successful at negotiating “alternative” or diversionary sentencing such as Conditional Discharge (at the municipal court level) or P.T.I (Pre-Trial Intervention) at the Superior Court level. These diversionary programs usually require that you complete a period of probation, submit to random drug tests, and stay out of legal trouble for 6 months or more (depending on the Court’s order). If you successfully complete your PTI or Conditional Discharge program, you can often file a Petition for Expungement six (6) months from the date you complete the program, and thus have the arrest/charges permanently expunged from your criminal record.

Call our office at 908-782-5313 for a FREE consultation to discuss your DWI or drug/criminal case.